Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Muhammad Gelbana <m....@gmail.com> on 2011/10/09 21:19:41 UTC

Re: T5.3 Grid - how to enable inPlace only if JavaScript is enabled?

The grid component is generated server-side, so on server-side, you have to
know if the client has JS enabled. I have no idea how to do this but I
"think" I read something similar here on the list lately, something about
checking the request object I suppose.

Anyway if that's possible, bind the inPlace attribute to your page using a
prop prefix:
*t:inPlace="prop:yourDecision"*
*
*
And obviously using a *public boolean getYourDecision()* will solve the
situation...I think :D..didn't try this before but done something similar.

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 3:50 AM, Lenny Primak <lp...@hope.nyc.ny.us>wrote:

> When I have inplace set for a grid, and JavaScript is disabled, the pager
> buttons do nothing.
> How do I make it turn on only when JavaScript is available?
> Thanks!

*Regards,*
*Muhammad Gelbana
Java Developer*

Re: T5.3 Grid - how to enable inPlace only if JavaScript is enabled?

Posted by Muhammad Gelbana <m....@gmail.com>.
I suspected something related to the request object. I think I was reading
about something else then :)
Thanks.

On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 9:55 PM, Lenny Primak <lp...@hope.nyc.ny.us> wrote:

> I have a custom JavaScript event that sets a variable if javascript is
> enabled,
> on the login page.  Very much a hack.  Obviously, if JS is disabled,
> the event will not be called and the variable will not be set :)
>
> On Oct 9, 2011, at 3:52 PM, Muhammad Gelbana wrote:
>
> > Good to know you solved it. Too bad you didn't tell how :)
> > So how did you check if JS is enabled ?
> >

> > On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 9:28 PM, Lenny Primak <lp...@hope.nyc.ny.us>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Yes, I actually wound up doing this,
> >> but I think there is a better solution, since this solution is a hack.
> >> Basically, the problem lies with the Grid's pager, which does not work
> >> if inPlace = true and JavaScript is disabled.
> >> There links in the pager probably could be gracefully degraded
> >> if JS is disabled, but they are not currently.
> >> I know this is probably not as easy as it might appear,
> >> that's why I raised the issue and if it was easy it would probably
> >> be done by now :)

*Regards,*
*Muhammad Gelbana
Java Developer*

Re: T5.3 Grid - how to enable inPlace only if JavaScript is enabled?

Posted by Lenny Primak <lp...@hope.nyc.ny.us>.

Posted by Muhammad Gelbana <m....@gmail.com>.
Good to know you solved it. Too bad you didn't tell how :)
So how did you check if JS is enabled ?

On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 9:28 PM, Lenny Primak <lp...@hope.nyc.ny.us> wrote:

> Yes, I actually wound up doing this,
> but I think there is a better solution, since this solution is a hack.
> Basically, the problem lies with the Grid's pager, which does not work
> if inPlace = true and JavaScript is disabled.
> There links in the pager probably could be gracefully degraded
> if JS is disabled, but they are not currently.
> I know this is probably not as easy as it might appear,
> that's why I raised the issue and if it was easy it would probably
> be done by now :)
>
> On Oct 9, 2011, at 3:19 PM, Muhammad Gelbana wrote:
>
> > The grid component is generated server-side, so on server-side, you have
> > know if the client has JS enabled. I have no idea how to do this but I
> > "think" I read something similar here on the list lately, something about
> > checking the request object I suppose.
> >
> > Anyway if that's possible, bind the inPlace attribute to your page using
> > prop prefix:
> > *t:inPlace="prop:yourDecision"*
> > *
> > *
> > And obviously using a *public boolean getYourDecision()* will solve the
> > situation...I think :D..didn't try this before but done something
> similar.
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 3:50 AM, Lenny Primak <lprimak@hope.nyc.ny.us
> >wrote:
> >
> >> When I have inplace set for a grid, and JavaScript is disabled, the
> pager
> >> buttons do nothing.
> >> How do I make it turn on only when JavaScript is available?
> >> Thanks!

> > --
> > *Regards,*
> > *Muhammad Gelbana
> > Java Developer*

*Regards,*
*Muhammad Gelbana
Java Developer*

Re: T5.3 Grid - how to enable inPlace only if JavaScript is enabled?

Posted by Lenny Primak <lp...@hope.nyc.ny.us>.