Posted to dev@dlab.apache.org by Dmytro Liaskovskyi <Dm...@epam.com.INVALID> on 2018/10/25 09:23:42 UTC

DLab Podling Report Reminder - November 2018

DLab

DLab is a platform for creating self-service, exploratory data science
environments in the cloud using best-of-breed data science tools.

DLab has been incubating since 2018-08-20.

  1. Execute the SGA between EPAM and the ASF so code can be imported.
2. Move bug tracking system including project backlog to Apache issue tracking system.
3. Work toward an initial Apache release.

Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be aware of?

  Nothing at this point of time.

  We are not at the stage of building community so far.

  Initial committers have submitted their Apache ICLA, subscribed to all mailing lists and created Jira accounts. Functionality added:
  - Administrative Web UI for roles management
  - Fixed libraries installation for RStudio
  - Restrict usage of EC2 instances of certain shapes to different groups of users
  - Fixed a bug on MS Azure when instance creation failed because of same IP allocation to different instances
  - Added support of Dex authentication
  - Work in progress towards deployment into two VPC’s (SSN and Edge Node into one VPC, notebooks and computational resources into separate VPC)
  - Work in progress implementing Java libraries support from WebUI

How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  [X] Initial setup
  [X] Working towards first release
  [ ] Community building
  [ ] Nearing graduation
  [ ] Other:

Date of last release:

  This is going to be our first release.

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

   We are still operating with the set of initial committers.

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive or are things falling
through the cracks? In the latter case, please list any open issues
that need to be addressed.

Thanks.

DMYTRO LIASKOVSKYI
Software Engineering Manager

Office: +380 322 424 642 x 57729<tel:+380%20322%20424%20642;ext=57729>   Cell: +380 97 341 1315<tel:+380%2097%20341%201315>   Email: dmytro_liaskovskyi@epam.com<ma...@epam.com>
Lviv, Ukraine   epam.com<http://www.epam.com/>

CONFIDENTIALITY CAUTION AND DISCLAIMER
This message is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) to which it is addressed and contains information that is legally privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. All unintended recipients are obliged to delete this message and destroy any printed copies.

Re: DLab Podling Report Reminder - November 2018

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
The report has been posted.

https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/November2018 <https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/November2018>

-Taylor