Posted to user@geode.apache.org by Eric Pederson <er...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/20 21:57:14 UTC

Offline analytics for HDFS integration

In the spec for HDFS integration it says that data events are archived on
HDFS for offline analysis.  How do you do offline analysis?  Is there an
API for the file format so third party tools can read it?  Or do you go
through an HDFS region?

Also, just curious, are you using a LSM-tree to structure the data?

Thanks,

-- Eric

Re: Offline analytics for HDFS integration

Posted by Anilkumar Gingade <ag...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Eric,

In case if you haven't come across...We have GemFire spark connector which
can be used to store/retrieve data from Spark.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEODE-9

Thanks,
-Anil.

Posted by Eric Pederson <er...@gmail.com>.