Posted to user@hive.apache.org by peterm_second <re...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/05 15:24:14 UTC

Start hiveserver2 as a daemon

Hi Guys,
How can I launch the Hiveserver2 as a daemon.
I am launching the hiverserv2 using sshpass and I can't detach
hiveserver2 from my terminal. Is there a way to deamonise the
hiveserver2  ?

I've also tried using & but it's not working either, any thoughts ?

Regards,
Peter

Re: Start hiveserver2 as a daemon

Posted by peterm_second <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi Guys,
I found the problem I hope it helps someone else. The way to do those
sort of thigs is to suppress the command output. In effect you need to
tell the sshpass-ed command to suppress it's output if you do that you
can daemonize the remote command , in my case the hiveserver2.

Regards,
Peter

Posted by Daniel Haviv <da...@veracity-group.com>.
Try using screen