Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Mattia Merzi <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/04 09:48:11 UTC

groupby problem

Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing a problem with the latest version of tomahawk,
that is, in a groupby=true column of a datatable, the grouping acts
on the backed rendered "value" insted of using the real printed "text".
I'll explain the problem with the code that is causing me trouble:

<t:column groupBy="true">
  <f:facet name="header">[cut]</f:facet>
  <h:outputText value="#{message.create_time}">
     <f:convertDateTime pattern="#{dateformats.shortdate}"
locale="#{login.locale}" timeZone="#{nations.defaultTZ}" />
  </h:outputText>
</column>

now, the problem is that the rendered text is only day/month/year,
but the grouping works only if the dates have the very same
day,month,year,hour,minutes and seconds, even if the rendered text is only
the date, thanks to the pattern. Now, I've rounded all the dates to
midday and grouping works well, but this is obviously not what we want! :)
First of all, is this the normal and expected behaviour?
If not, is this a known bug? I've tried to search for something similar,
but I've found nothing about the groupby attribute.

Thanks a lot,

Mattia Merzi.