Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Leon Torres <le...@oss.minimetria.com> on 2007/02/08 19:52:59 UTC

Should we put all Lookup requests in one controller.xml?

Hi folks, I saw that an <include> directive is possible in controller.xml and
was wondering if we should put all the Lookups like LookupProduct in one xml for
convenience.  This will allow applications to take advantage of all available
lookups in the system without having to duplicate the request and view maps.

It would be nice to start organizing all these requests. :-)

- Leon

Re: Should we put all Lookup requests in one controller.xml?

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
That still doesn't answer the question that brings out the problem
with the idea: where do we put it?

-David

Posted by Leon Torres <le...@oss.minimetria.com>.
Nah, that's too much overhead, this isn't really a killer issue.  I'm fine with
the status quo.  This idea sort of came up and I put it on the table, but
perhaps the includes directive is more useful for organizing requests inside an
application than anything.

Inter-app includes sounds fishy after all.

- Leon

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Leon Torres <le...@oss.minimetria.com>.

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.
It should be that if you create a request-uri with the same name lower
in the file than the <include> element, your request-uri should
override the one from the included document.  And if you're never
calling the request-uri from components you haven't loaded, then you'll
never have the error.

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.

Posted by Anil Patel <to...@gmail.com>.
Like it. Ready to help also.