Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Ro...@ingres.com> on 2010/09/29 23:36:45 UTC

Warnings in "trunk" from Component.java

Just pulled head revs from SVN and am getting build warnings in
Component.java (see attached) in "trunk".  I don't know how new this is
(I don't build "trunk" usually).

I'm using:

Apache Ant version 1.8.0 compiled on February 1 2010

javac 1.6.0_16

Roger Whitcomb

Architect, Engineering

Ingres Corporation

roger.whitcomb@ingres.com <ma...@ingres.com>

PHONE +1 650.587.5596

FAX +1 650.587.5550

www.ingres.com <http://www.ingres.com/>

This transmission is confidential and intended solely for the use of the
recipient named above. It may contain confidential, proprietary, or
legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
transmission in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and
delete the original transmission and all copies from your system.

Re: Warnings in "trunk" from Component.java

Posted by Chris Bartlett <cb...@gmail.com>.
I saw these, or similar warnings a few days ago but didn't have time to look
into them.
Yesterday I noticed that I was using an older JDK and upgraded to 1.6.0_21.
 Now when I try a build, I don't see any warnings.
(Still using Ant 1.7.1, so that points to the JDK in my case at least)

Chris

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Uh sorry,
just read better the first post here, so it's not an eclipse settings, but
probably it's something related to ant-1.8.0 ... I suggest to try also with
ant 1.8.1 (much better), and remove the old 1.8.0.

At the moment I can't do this test, but tell me if I have to do it ...

Sandro

Re: Warnings in "trunk" from Component.java

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
Hm, I don't see those warnings (and those casts don't seem redundant to me). Maybe it is a compiler issue? I'm using Ant 1.8 and J6u20. Can you try updating your JDK?