Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Johannes Fahrenkrug <jf...@gebeco.de> on 2004/03/25 13:30:03 UTC

Typo in configure --help

Hi,

when you call ./configure --help in the source dir of subversion 1.0.0
and 1.0.1, you get a list of switches. One of them is
»--experimental-libtool«. When you use that switch though, configure
say, that it doesn't know it.
The configure script is actually expecting
»--enable-experimental-libtool«. So either we should change the --help
message to --enable-experimental-libtool or the name of the switch to
--experimental-libtool.

-Johannes.

Re: Typo in configure --help

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com>.
Johannes Fahrenkrug wrote:

> when you call ./configure --help in the source dir of subversion 1.0.0
> and 1.0.1, you get a list of switches. One of them is
> »--experimental-libtool«. When you use that switch though, configure
> say, that it doesn't know it.
> The configure script is actually expecting
> »--enable-experimental-libtool«. So either we should change the --help
> message to --enable-experimental-libtool or the name of the switch to
> --experimental-libtool.

Thanks for reporting this.  I have now committed a fix (changing the help to say "--enable-experimental-libtool") in r9209.

- Julian