Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/11 08:42:29 UTC

[ANN] 2013 Committer School for people who want to become Maven Committers

We still want more people to get up and join the committer community.

It has been a year since Stephen posted on his blog -
http://javaadventure.blogspot.ie/2012/07/do-you-want-to-become-maven-committer.html

So I thought a yearly reminder for would be a good thing.

Re: [ANN] 2013 Committer School for people who want to become Maven Committers

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On 11 October 2013 20:58, Russell Gold <ru...@gold-family.us> wrote:
> Yes, very interesting - but where is the Maven source found? The site is a bit confusing on that score, and it is rather difficult to construct a patch when you cannot see the CM system.

Which bit are you interested in?
If its a plugin on http://maven.apache.org/plugins/index.html then
click on it and on the left under Project Documentation > Project
Information > Source Repository you will find it.

The Issue Tracking link will take you to Jira where you can find the
existing defects. If your problem is not already there, then create
one.

Re: [ANN] 2013 Committer School for people who want to become Maven Committers

Posted by Russell Gold <ru...@gold-family.us>.

-----------------
Author, Getting Started with Apache Maven <http://www.packtpub.com/getting-started-with-apache-maven/video>

and listen to the Misfile radio play <http://www.fuzzyfacetheater.com/misfile/>!

Re: [ANN] 2013 Committer School for people who want to become Maven Committers

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On 19 October 2013 16:25, Parimala Prahlada <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for clarifying about the prerequisite for Maven committer school.  I
> asked this question to know if there is any implicit prerequisite like
> "Must know,   Maven, Java, JIRA" etc...
>
> I would like to be volunteer for this.  Please guide.

As Stephen says:
>> There is only one pre-requisite... Namely that you have enough interest to
>> motivate yourself.
>> We don't set homework, good committers find their own homework ;-)
>>
>> We don't set deadlines, this is a volunteer project.

So find your itch and then scratch it.

If you are already using Maven and there is something you think should
get fixed, then that would be the best place to start.

Try to find your problem in Jira to see if it has already been
reported, and then get to work trying to fix it.

There should be enough documentation on the website to explain how to
setup your development environment and if there is anything unclear
then there is another opportunity to fix that as well.

Re: [ANN] 2013 Committer School for people who want to become Maven Committers

Posted by Parimala Prahlada <pa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for clarifying about the prerequisite for Maven committer school.  I
asked this question to know if there is any implicit prerequisite like
"Must know,   Maven, Java, JIRA" etc...

I would like to be volunteer for this.  Please guide.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Parimala Prahlada <pa...@gmail.com>.
Interesting.