Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au> on 2002/12/03 23:59:41 UTC

Newletter - Ant contribution

Rob,

This is just a quick blurb on what is happening in the Ant project
recently. Hope it can be included. If anyone else would like to add
something, please feel free.

The major news is that on 18th November, the Apache board promoted Ant
from a Jakarta subproject to a top-level Apache project. An initial PMC
has been formed which will draft the bylaws for the new project. This
change is mostly about the management structure for the project within
Apache and will not affect the day-to-day technical direction. So it is
business as usual for Ant development. In particular Ant retains a
strong relationship to the Jakarta project.

The Ant GUI, Antidote, is being revived and discussions are getting
underway on the Ant-dev mailing list. If anyone wants to get involved in
this project, they are most welcome.

Recent discussions on the Ant core have included how Ant can support
polymorphism (passing new types to existing tasks - e.g. new types of
filesets, filters, etc).

Cheers
Conor

Re: Newletter - Ant contribution

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
I'm pretty sure Rob is subscribed to ant-dev, CCing him anyway.

On Wed, 04 Dec 2002, Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
wrote:

> D'oh, just saw Stefan's superior contribution :-)

I wouldn't call it superior 8-)

Rob, can you somehow merge the two?  Especially the part about
Antidote that I forgot to cover completely?

Stefan

Re: Newletter - Ant contribution

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.