Posted to olio-user@incubator.apache.org by ZD Yu <zd...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/10 07:43:26 UTC

how to remove the 25 users minimum restriction?

I am not familiar with the source code, but I am wondering if the 25u
restriction could be removed through source change?

Thanks, ZD

Re: how to remove the 25 users minimum restriction?

Posted by Amanda Waite <am...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

Yes you can change it in the source:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/olio/workload/java/trunk/src/org/apache/olio/workload/util/ScaleFactors.java

Just get the trunk and
modify trunk/src/org/apache/olio/workload/util/ScaleFactors.java

Change the line

userCount = 25;

To some other value and rebuild/deploy

The if statement above that will emit warnings if you use values < 25.

The limit is there for a reason, so don't use a userCount < 25 for
full-scale testing. I tend to lower it when I need to narrow down a
specific issue and need to reduce the noise in the logs.

Amanda