Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ch...@labware.com on 2006/09/12 10:20:35 UTC

Which requests belong to which thread?

Hi,
     I am running a test with about 25 threads and a ramp up period of 25
seconds and loop count=1. Now my test configuration is such that when ever
there is an error in a particular thread that thread should stop. When I
run the test i see that out of 25 threads some 3-4 threads are stopping
intermittently because of some error. (Seen that from jmeter.log)Now
obviously I know which threads have stopped. But since I am using a View
Tree Listener i have no way to say which request belongs to which thread.
All through out my test i have used Regular expression extractors to parse
the response and put values dynamically into subsequent requests. My gut
feeling is that the threads are failing because responses werent parsed
correctly for a particular thread. Now is there any way to see which
requests belong to which thread?A the monent all the requests are coming
one after another and we cant differntiate between requests from different
threads.Also at the same time i would like to requests and responses like
i am able to do now through View results Tree listener.

Regards,

Subhrajyoti
Mobile: +919830079545
Mail: choudhury@labware.com
Web: www.labware.com

LabWare LIMS Solutions - Results Count

Re: Which requests belong to which thread?

Posted by Ch...@labware.com.
Thanks again for your valuable inputs. Yes i understood now what you
intended to say.

Regards,

Subhrajyoti
Mobile: +919830079545
Mail: choudhury@labware.com
Web: www.labware.com

LabWare LIMS Solutions - Results Count

sebb <se...@gmail.com>
09/12/2006 07:07 PM
Please respond to
"JMeter Users List" <jm...@jakarta.apache.org>

"JMeter Users List" <jm...@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Which requests belong to which thread?

For meaningful timings, one needs to ensure that a test runs long
enough to ensure that any startup overheads are insignificant compared
with the length of the test. In general, a single loop won't run long
enough to achieve this.

But of course this depends on the content of the test plan, and what
you are trying to achieve with the test. If you are not particularly
interested in timings, only success/failure of the samples, then the
length of the test is not particularly important.

Another factor is concurrence - if you want to ensure that all 25
threads are running at the same time, then it is important that the
ramp-up time and loop count are selected appropriately.

For example:
+ thread count of 10
+ ramp-up of 20
+ loop count 1

If the loop takes less than 2 seconds, then each thread will finish
before the next one starts, and the number of concurrent threads will
be at most 1 throughout the test.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.