Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Juergen Richtsfeld <ju...@segue.at> on 2006/03/29 14:59:07 UTC

multiple authentication methods

hi!
is it possible to have multiple authentication options in one
<Location> directive?

my use case is that i need to authenticate against a ldap and if it doesn't work i try another.

if this isn't possible, am i right that i can make another <Location> directive accessing the same DB but using another authentication?

regards
jürgen

Fwd: multiple authentication methods

Posted by Emmanuel Blot <ma...@gmail.com>.
> working and gave up. It's a question you might have better luck with
> by asking on an Apache list.

If you got an answer from Apache folks, please let us know, I'm very
interested in the answer.

TIA,
Manu

--
Manu

Re: multiple authentication methods

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Mar 29, 2006, at 16:59, Juergen Richtsfeld wrote:

> is it possible to have multiple authentication options in one
> <Location> directive?
>
> my use case is that i need to authenticate against a ldap and if it
> doesn't work i try another.

I don't think so. I read some Apache documentation somewhere saying
it should work to, for example, try an LDAP server, and if that
didn't work, then try a local password file, but I never got it
working and gave up. It's a question you might have better luck with
by asking on an Apache list.

> if this isn't possible, am i right that i can make another
> <Location> directive accessing the same DB but using another
> authentication?

If that 2nd Location directive uses a different path, that should work.