Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Manoj Sharma <sh...@rogers.com> on 2002/11/27 21:11:14 UTC

Connection Refused

Hi,

I am trying a fresh install of Axis Release 1.0. and get the following error
when I run

>java samples.userguide.example1.TestClient

The message is rather cryptic. I have set the CLASSPATH to include the
xml-axis-10 directory and also included the axis.jar, commons-logging.jar,
commons-discovery.jar, log4j-1.2.4.jar, wsdl4j.jar, saaj.jar and xml-rpc.jar
and the xmlParsersAPI.jar (xerces) as required. Further, I have the
servlet.jar file in the /lib/ext directory of my Java Runtime environment
.The SDK I am using is Sun j2dsk1.4.1_0_1.

To the best of  my understanding example1 which tests the consumption of a
WebService by Axis should run. My TCP/IP stack is properly configured and
the network is working. (i.e. I am able to ping localhost and also ping
external URL's like www.yahoo.com). The OS being used is Windows XP.
Any suggestions as to why this is happening?

I was able to successfully ping nagoya.apache.org which is the server I
believe the webservice in example1 is being hosted on. Also if my
understanding is correct, I dont need to install a servlet container like
Tomcat4.x to consume a webservice as is the case in example1.

Is this a bug or am I just missing something?

Manoj
http://manoj_sharma0.tripod.com

Of all the things that I have lost, the one that I miss the most....... is
my mind.

RE: Connection Refused

Posted by Manoj Sharma <sh...@rogers.com>.
Thanks. That saves me a few hours of pain!

Re: Connection Refused