Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Shashi Rai <sr...@adobe.com> on 2004/08/31 08:09:10 UTC

Axis1.2 and Websphere 5.1

Hi All,

While going thru the list, I see lots of people are using Axis and Websphere
but not sure if anyone is using Axis1.2 beta 3 with WAS 5.1 fixpack1.

In my application, I package Axis as a webapplication inside ear.

I can not seem to get my webservices working with Websphere unless I remove
websphere supplied .jar file. I get the following error because websphere
supplied .jar file includes older saaj apis.

[8/21/04 14:46:08:292 PDT] 3a289b4e WebGroup      E SRVE0026E: [Servlet
Error]-[class org.apache.axis.SOAPPart does not implement interface
org.w3c.dom.Document]: java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: class
org.apache.axis.SOAPPart does not implement interface org.w3c.dom.Document

Is there anyone who encountered the similar issue ? Any idea how to resolve
this ?

Thanks for help.

--shashi

RE: Axis1.2 and Websphere 5.1

Posted by Shashi Rai <sr...@adobe.com>.
Mahen,

My EAR file has a war which has all the libs provided by Axis and it works
great with Axis1.1.

I would like to avoid removing the jars provided by websphere because it
will break other applications that use these jars.

Are you removing the jars provided by Websphere?

Thanks

--shashi

From: Shashi Rai <sr...@adobe.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 23:09:10 -0700
Subject: Axis1.2 and Websphere 5.1
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org

Hi All,

While going thru the list, I see lots of people are using Axis and Websphere
but not sure if anyone is using Axis1.2 beta 3 with WAS 5.1 fixpack1.

In my application, I package Axis as a webapplication inside ear.

I can not seem to get my webservices working with Websphere unless I remove
websphere supplied .jar file. I get the following error because websphere
supplied .jar file includes older saaj apis.

[8/21/04 14:46:08:292 PDT] 3a289b4e WebGroup      E SRVE0026E:
[Servlet Error]-[class org.apache.axis.SOAPPart does not implement interface
org.w3c.dom.Document]:
java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: class org.apache.axis.SOAPPart does

Re: Axis1.2 and Websphere 5.1

Posted by Mahen Perera <ma...@gmail.com>.
use the jars suppiled in the Axis 1.2 distribution. Since ur using
Axis as the SOAP engine instead of the one provided in Web Sphere, no
need to have the jars provided by WebSphere