Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Agrawal, Sandeep (IS Consultant)" <SA...@consultantemail.com> on 2009/07/31 17:28:12 UTC

Issue with Maven Webstart Plugin while signing weblogic9.2.2 jar

Hi,

We are using webstart maven plugin to genereate the webstart war file
and for signing the jar also.(below is the pom part for signing)

<sign>
<!--keystore>src/main/keytool/GTSkey</keystore-->
<keypass>GTSkey</keypass>
<storepass>GTSkey</storepass>
<alias>GTS</alias>
<verify>true</verify>
</sign>

It does sign all the jars except weblogic9.2.2 jar(I know jar size is
large but same jar is getting signed through ant without any issue, I
did (set MAVEN_OPTS="-Xmx1024m") also but all in vain. Does anybody
faced this issue earlier and know the resolution.

Apart from the above issue, If I use the Keystore as commented out in
the pom it starts giving me error(GTSkey is key generated) but if I do
comment it out and use the default key genereated in home directory, it
does run without any issue. Any thoughts on this ?

Thanks
Sandeep

RE: Issue with Maven Webstart Plugin while signing weblogic9.2.2 jar

Posted by "Agrawal, Sandeep (IS Consultant)" <SA...@consultantemail.com>.
Just an Update if someone else is also struggling with signing weblogic jar.

It was issue with JDK1.5.0.9 and working fine with verson > JDK1.5.0.11 (might be a bug in 1.5.0.9)

Thanks
Sandeep

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
depends on where the keystore implementation takes place
here is an excerpt from axis2.xml
 <transportReceiver name="https" class="package.HttpCoreNIOSSLListener">
        <parameter name="keystore" locked="false">
            <KeyStore>
                <Location>NameOfJKSFile.jks</Location>
                <Type>JKS</Type>
                <Password>password</Password>
                <KeyPassword>PleasePutPasswordUsedInKeystoreHere</KeyPassword>
            </KeyStore>
        </parameter>

if i set attribute locked="true" then the current KeyStore node configuration cannot be overriden (by parent)

i dont understand why you have 2 keystore configurations?
Martin Gainty

> Subject: Issue with Maven Webstart Plugin while signing weblogic9.2.2 jar
> Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 11:28:12 -0400
> From: SAgrawal@consultantemail.com
> To: users@maven.apache.org
>
> Hi,
>
> We are using webstart maven plugin to genereate the webstart war file
> and for signing the jar also.(below is the pom part for signing)
>
> <sign>
> <!--keystore>src/main/keytool/GTSkey</keystore-->
> <keypass>GTSkey</keypass>
> <storepass>GTSkey</storepass>
> <alias>GTS</alias>
> <verify>true</verify>
> </sign>
>
> It does sign all the jars except weblogic9.2.2 jar(I know jar size is
> large but same jar is getting signed through ant without any issue, I
> did (set MAVEN_OPTS="-Xmx1024m") also but all in vain. Does anybody
> faced this issue earlier and know the resolution.
>
> Apart from the above issue, If I use the Keystore as commented out in
> the pom it starts giving me error(GTSkey is key generated) but if I do
> comment it out and use the default key genereated in home directory, it
> does run without any issue. Any thoughts on this ?
>

> Thanks
> Sandeep

Windows Live™ SkyDrive™: Store, access, and share your photos. See how.
http://windowslive.com/Online/SkyDrive?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_CS_SD_photos_072009