Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ramo Karahasan <ra...@googlemail.com> on 2012/04/17 11:17:41 UTC

Wrong categorization with DIH

Hi,

i currently face the followin issue:

Testing the following sql statement which is also used in SOLR (DIH) leads
to a wrong categorization in solr:

select p.title as title, p.id, p.category_id, p.pic_thumb, c.name as
category, c.id as category_id from product p, category c WHERE p.category_id
= c.id AND p.id = 3091328

This returns in my sql client:

Apple MacBook Pro MD313D/A 33,8 cm (13,3 Zoll) Notebook (Intel Core
i5-2435M, 2,4GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Intel HD 3000, Mac OS), 3091328, 1003,
http://m-d.ww.cdn.com/images/I/41teWbp-uAL._SL75_.jpg, Computer, 1003

As you see, the categoryid 1003 points to "Computer"

Via the solr searchadmin i get the following result when searchgin for
id:3091328

<str name="category">Sport</str>

<int name="category_id">1003</int>

Which is wrong. ID 1003 points to the correct category name "Computer" in my
sql client

Does anyone knows what's going wrong here?

I'm using solr 3.5 on a tomcat 6

Thanks,

Ramo

AW: Wrong categorization with DIH

Posted by Ramo Karahasan <ra...@googlemail.com>.
I've figured out, that this wrong categorization comes when doing an Delta
import...

I'm doing the delta import as described her:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandlerDeltaQueryViaFullImport

my data-properties.xml looks like:

<dataConfig>
  <dataSource type="JdbcDataSource"
              driver="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
              url="jdbc:mysql://la/ekd "
              user="xxx "
              password="xxxx"/>
  <document>
   <entity name="id"
            query="select p.title as title, p.id, p.category_id,
p.pic_thumb, c.name as category, c.id as category_id from product p,
category c WHERE p.category_id = c.id AND  '${dataimporter.request.clean}'
!= 'false' OR updated_at > '${dataimporter.last_index_time}' ">
    </entity>
  </document>
</dataConfig>

So I run the delta import command like:
http://localhost:8983/solr/core0/dataimport?command=full-import&clean=false

If I do this... the categories are set wrong as described below.

If I do a full import  with
http://localhost:8983/solr/core0/dataimport?command=full-import&clean=true
and delete the index previously, than categorization is correct.

Is there somewhere an caching issue?

Thanks,
Ramo

> Testing the following sql statement which is also used in SOLR (DIH)
> leads to a wrong categorization in solr:
>
> select p.title as title, p.id, p.category_id, p.pic_thumb, c.name as
> category, c.id as category_id from product p, category c WHERE
> p.category_id = c.id AND p.id = 3091328
>

> This returns in my sql client:
>
> Apple MacBook Pro MD313D/A 33,8 cm (13,3 Zoll) Notebook (Intel Core
> i5-2435M, 2,4GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Intel HD 3000, Mac OS), 3091328,
> 1003, http://m-d.ww.cdn.com/images/I/41teWbp-uAL._SL75_.jpg, Computer,
> 1003
>

> As you see, the categoryid 1003 points to "Computer"
>

> Via the solr searchadmin i get the following result when searchgin for
> id:3091328
>
> <str name="category">Sport</str>
>
> <int name="category_id">1003</int>
[...]

Please share with us the rest of the DIH configuration file, i.e., the part
where these data are saved to the Solr index.

Regards,
Gora

Re: Wrong categorization with DIH

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
Working with the DIH is a little easier if you make database view and
load from that. You can set all of the field names and see exactly
what the DIH gets.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com