Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Billie J Rinaldi <bi...@ugov.gov> on 2012/03/27 22:51:28 UTC

status of 1.3 (Was: Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.0 RC6)

On Tuesday, March 27, 2012 3:57:19 PM, "Benson Margulies" <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Cool. Thanks. I just want to spare us all any drama.

Speaking of which, we've made a mistake in the way we handled the dependence of the 1.3 branch on thrift 0.3 (see comments on INFRA-4571).

As a result, the 1.3.5-incubating release will no longer build from source.  Should we remove this release?

Ideally we would make a 1.3.6 release to replace 1.3.5-incubating.  However, I'm not sure if there is a way to resolve the issue of thrift 0.3 dependence.  Does anyone have suggestions about this?

Billie

Re: status of 1.3 (Was: Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.0 RC6)

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 4:51 PM, Billie J Rinaldi
<bi...@ugov.gov> wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 27, 2012 3:57:19 PM, "Benson Margulies" <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Cool. Thanks. I just want to spare us all any drama.
>
> Speaking of which, we've made a mistake in the way we handled the dependence of the 1.3 branch on thrift 0.3 (see comments on INFRA-4571).
>
> As a result, the 1.3.5-incubating release will no longer build from source.  Should we remove this release?
>
> Ideally we would make a 1.3.6 release to replace 1.3.5-incubating.  However, I'm not sure if there is a way to resolve the issue of thrift 0.3 dependence.  Does anyone have suggestions about this?
>
> Billie

This probably puts us back in the situation we were in before, where
it will build if the old version of thrift is already in the local
maven repo somehow.