Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by Alexandr Porunov <al...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/13 13:57:31 UTC

Stream file to the OpenStack Swift

Hello,

I need to store very large files in the OpenStack Swift through the Java
server.
The problem is that I don't need to store big files locally on the Java
server. I don't need them there. So, Java server has to act like a pipe. It
has to accept an input stream from the client and create an output stream
to the OpenStack Swift Proxy after that it has to read small parts of data
from the input stream and send them to the output stream.

Can jclouds perform such acts?

Sincerely,
Alexandr

Re: Stream file to the OpenStack Swift

Posted by Zack Shoylev <za...@RACKSPACE.COM>.
You should be able to write (for example) an Apache Tomcat web application that accepts a file and then uploads it to Swift using jclouds.

I am not completely sure about the Tomcat part (receiving the file), but we have lots of examples here: https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples