Posted to watchdog-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Jean-Pierre Schnyder <je...@oqibo.com> on 2001/03/07 16:12:16 UTC

Torque: problem obtaining the MapBulder...

Hi,

I am using the stand alone version of Torque and am trying to make it work.
I did generate the om classes for a Oracle target. I get an exception when
trying to do a ...Peer.doSelect(Criteria). Here's the stack trace:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError:
org.apache.turbine.services.InstantiationException: ServiceBroker: unknown
service TurbineLoggingService requested
	at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.getServiceInstance(BaseService
Broker.java:311)
	at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.getService(BaseServiceBroker.j
ava:256)
	at org.apache.turbine.util.Log.error(Log.java:455)
	at org.apache.turbine.om.peer.BasePeer.getMapBuilder(BasePeer.java:1824)
	at
com.oqibo.testtorque.dat.om.BaseClientPeer.<clinit>(BaseClientPeer.java:32)
	at com.oqibo.testtorque.svc.Test.doSelectAll(Test.java:32)
	at com.oqibo.testtorque.svc.Test.main(Test.java:50)

the problem is that the public static MapBuilder getMapBuilder(String p0)
method in the BasePeer class has an empty body and is not implemented in the
child peer classes. This seem to be a bug, or am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks for the answer,

Jean-Pierre
oqibo.com finance SA
Jean-Pierre Schnyder   Senior Software Architect   Voice  : +41 21 693.85.00
Science Park (BP)                                  Fax    : +41 21 693.85.01
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology              Site   : www.oqibo.com
1015 Lausanne - Switzerland                        E-mail :
jean-pierre.schnyder@oqibo.com