Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Bastiaan Zapf <ba...@tu-clausthal.de> on 2002/10/23 10:52:05 UTC

Batch problem was my fault, working Win98 batch appended |was Re: My experiences so far (CVS version)

> Try to not call the servlet, it may solve some problems

Before I discovered the error, this was what I wrote:

***

The error happens regardless of if I access the servlet or I don't.

The Class "org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLUserTools" is not found, and I do not
even find it manually in the source tree.

***

I looked over my installation again and discovered the source of the error:

I installed a corrected version of the Batch files in my /bin, because the
older Batch files did not work with my windows version (obviously Win98 cant
handle for %%i in (X) when X has a path). I did not see that the corrected
Batch files are for the non-cvs Version.

When I reinstall the /bin and correct the batchfiles by hand (I appended a
working version, this one will still fail if xindice is not installed on c:,
I think. This is because cd on another drive won't actually change the drive
you're working on) it's working again.

How about I write a set of new (or alternative) batch files so that this
never happens again to anyone? Would anyone then take them into the cvs?

I knew before that calling the Servlet via a browser makes no sense.

	Basti