Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by velagapudi sreenivas <ve...@yahoo.co.in> on 2006/07/04 11:20:59 UTC

server logfile truncated.

Hi,
  I am using log4j for both application logs as well
as server logs.For application logs i put the
log4j.xml under WEB-INF/classes and for server logs i
am using Default log4j.xml which comes with the JBOSS
application server . Now i am using the default
configuration (log4j.xml) that comes with JBOSS
application server.

But the problem is applications logs are creating
fine, but my server.log is getting truncated and when
i view the log file, some binary data is introduced
into the log file.

If i change the configuration i.e make
<param name="Append" value="true"/>, which i am not
supposed to do. It is working fine, if i use the
default configuration, it is getting truncated.

Can anyone help me out.

Thanks
Sreenivas

Re: server logfile truncated.

Posted by velagapudi sreenivas <ve...@yahoo.co.in>.
Hi,
   Any Body can please help me in this. I assume , i
am getting my server.log truncated because i am using
repository selector this way as shown in the below
code snippet, I am using JBOSS app server,

what i thought may be is , since there are application
classloader and also JBOSS and Tomcat level
classloader ,it is getting into  the repository==null
loop for about 6 times and it is loading the
LoadLog4Jconfig("log4j.xml",hierarchy); more than
once, is this causing the truncation of server LOG
file.

Any Ideas??

/** Initializing the CustomRepositorySelector.*/
	private void init() {
		if (!initialized) {
			ClassLoader loader =
Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader();
			LoggerRepository repository =
repositories.get(loader);
			if (repository == null) {

				Hierarchy hierarchy = new Hierarchy(new
RootCategory(Level.DEBUG));
				LoadLog4Jconfig("log4j.xml",hierarchy);

repositories=CustomRepositorySelector.init(hierarchy);

				initialized = true;
			}
		}
	}