Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Davor Bonaci <da...@apache.org> on 2017/12/13 04:51:32 UTC

A personal update

My dear friends,
As many of you have noticed, I’ve been visibly absent from the project for
a little while. During this time, a great number of you kept reaching out,
and for that I’m deeply humbled and grateful to each and every one of you.

I needed some time for personal reflection, which led to a transition in my
professional life. As things have settled, I’m happy to again be working
among all of you, as we propel this project forward. I plan to be active in
the future, but perhaps not quite full-time as I was before.

In the near term, I’m working on getting the report to the Board completed,
as well as framing the discussion about the project state and vision going
forwards. Additionally, I’ll make sure that we foster healthy community
culture and operate in the Apache Way.

For those who are curious, I’m happy to say that I’m starting a company
building products related to Beam, along with several other members of this
community and authors of this technology. I’ll share more on this next
year, but until then if you have a data processing problem or an Apache
Beam question, I’d love to hear from you ;-).

Thanks -- and so happy to be back!

Davor

Re: A personal update

Posted by Pablo Estrada <pa...@google.com>.