Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Andre Tavares <an...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/17 14:47:40 UTC

InvalidRequestException: Start key's token sorts after end token

Hi,

I am getting an exception when I run Hadoop with Cassandra that follows:

WARN org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Child (main): Error running child
java.lang.RuntimeException: InvalidRequestException(why:Start key's token
sorts after end token)
at
org.apache.cassandra.hadoop.ColumnFamilyRecordReader$WideRowIterator.maybeInit(ColumnFamilyRecordReader.java:453)

I don't know what exactly this message means and how to solve the problem
... I am using Priam for manager my cluster in Cassandra over Elastic
Map/Reduce on Amazon ...

Any hint helps ...

Thanks,

Andre

Re: InvalidRequestException: Start key's token sorts after end token

Posted by Andre Tavares <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

we  solved the problem ...

first we updated the Cassandra for 1.2.3 version and after another
exception was launched "No hosts   to borrow from" and we discovered that
the command "ConnectionPoolConfigurationImpl(...).setConnectTimeout(-1)"
was the cause ...

and we put .setConnectTimeout(2000) and we increased the other values from
 Astyanax pool and our App worked ...

basically I think our initial problem was Amazon latency that was to high,
so we changed our pool configuration and the things worked fine ...

thank all for the help !

Andre

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.

Posted by "Hiller, Dean" <De...@nrel.gov>.