Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/01 03:32:55 UTC

Re: Ditching Cassandra

Gregori,
Congrats on writing the fud-liest post of the month award. Firstly if
you don't like updates give up on computers and software. Especally
give up on anything that has to do with nosql because it is fast
evolving.

If you think you have a problem with the cassandra api, then what you
really have a problem with the data model. You should have done more
research nine months ago.

I can not understand from rant exactly what you think is better about
the mongo api. I see the complaint "lots of code" I suggest "books on
design patterns".

It is hardly the fault of cassandra that it works with so many
languages and people create higher level clients and abstractions for
it.

I believe it is a testament to cassandra that many places that are
historically non java shops can pick up ruby or php clients and dive
in.

Also I do not see exactly what is so hard about the api thrift
generates. To me it looks like the memcache api except the value is a
map. I do not see what needs to be wrapped around it to make it
easier... Maybe a factory method to one liner things?