Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by "David P McCarter Jr." <mc...@televar.com> on 1998/10/06 02:42:54 UTC

config/3150: VirtualHost points to root directory.

>Number:         3150
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       VirtualHost points to root directory.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
We have set up about 10 virtual hosts on this Linux box.
All hosts work properly, with an entry in DNS for the web site,
and a VirtualHost entry in httpd.conf. The latest one that
has been added will point the web browser to the root directory
and not to the directory containing the customer's web page.
We have since moved this page to another machine, for the time being,
until I can get this problem resolved. I have compared the entries in http.conf on the
other machine and they appear to be identical. I have read through the faq,
1.2.4 documetation, several hundred web sites, and the bug data base.

>How-To-Repeat:
As I stated, we have moved this site to an alternate server, temporarily.
>Fix:
At this point, no.