Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Tim Brust <ti...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/30 17:54:43 UTC

Migrate Sauce Labs user used in CI testing from snay to cordova

Hi there,

I'd like to continue to migrate our testing setup from TravisCI to GitHub
Actions. Currently, our plugins are all running on Travis and test against
VMs on Sauce Labs [1] and are not yet migrated.

They currently use the Travis-encrypted credentials of Alexander ("snay").
Since I do not have those credentials, I can't open an INFRA ticket to add
the access key as a secret to GH Actions.

Luckily, Jan created a user called "cordova" which seems more fitting than
a personal/private user account, too. Also, the credentials are properly
checked into our SVN and could be used for manual testing of specific
device combos. The accounts should be identical as Sauce Labs offers 5 VMs
for open source users for free.

Therefore, I'd like to switch all our Sauce Labs tests to the cordova
account when I start (try) the migration to GH actions for the remaining
repos. As you all know, no ETAs on these tasks :)

Let me know what you think. Ideally I'd like to omit the discussion if
Sauce Labs is needed at all in this thread.

Best,
Tim

[1] - https://app.saucelabs.com/open_sauce/user/snay/tests
--
Tim Brust

Re: Migrate Sauce Labs user used in CI testing from snay to cordova

Posted by Tim Brust <ti...@sinnerschrader.com.INVALID>.
I think I've found the main blocker:
GH Actions secrets are not exposed to PRs from forks. :(

There is an open feature request for this though:
https://github.community/t/make-secrets-available-to-builds-of-forks/16166

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Brust, Product Engineer

tim.brust@sinnerschrader.com
T +49 40 398855 315

SinnerSchrader Deutschland GmbH | SinnerSchrader Group
Völckersstraße 38, 22765 Hamburg, Germany

Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB-Nr. 63663
Geschäftsführer: Matthias Schrader (Sprecher),
Jürgen Alker, Dr. Axel Averdung, Holger Blank,
Thomas Dyckhoff, Dr. Lars Finke, Martin Gassner, Peggy Hutchinson

Büros: Berlin, Hamburg, Frankfurt a. M., München, Prag

https://www.sinnerschrader.com | NEXT AGENCY

Re: Migrate Sauce Labs user used in CI testing from snay to cordova

Posted by Jan Piotrowski <pi...@gmail.com>.