Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/26 05:44:49 UTC

[ANN] Apache Camel 2.0.0 Released

The Camel riders are pleased to introduce the Apache Camel 2.0.0
release [1]. This is a major overhaul of Camel that took more than a
year of efforts and is coming with about 760 issues resolved. We are
grateful to the entire community for its involvement.  Your hard work
and constant attention to details promoted Apache Camel to wider
adoption and leadership position in the integration space.

The feature and improvements list is too large to fit here, so please
check out the release notes [1].  Note that along with many
improvements came a few api changes and migration from the 1.x line,
while not too complicated, is not straightforward.  The old Camel 1.x
branch will still be supported for a while although the upgrade to
this hot release is strongly encouraged.

Many thanks to all the contributors who made this release possible.
Download [2] Camel now and enjoy the ride!
The Camel Riders

[1] http://camel.apache.org/camel-200-release.html
[2] http://camel.apache.org/download.html

Re: [ANN] Apache Camel 2.0.0 Released

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
I am looking into that.

Hadrian

Posted by frapien <fr...@gmx.de>.

Posted by frapien <fr...@gmx.de>.
thank you guys for this great release.
Does anybody know, why the javadoc for camel an camle-spring are not part of
the bin-pakackge anymore
http://camel.apache.org/maven/camel-core/apidocs/

or should I build it from the sources?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 2:43 PM, S. Ali Tokmen<sa...@bull.net> wrote:
> Hello
>
> frapien a écrit :
>>
>> The links for the download are not working yet.
>>

> The apache-camel-2.0.0-src.zip
> <http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/camel/apache-camel/2.0-M3/apache-camel-2.0.0-src.zip>
> link on http://camel.apache.org/download.html is actually broken: it is
> http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/camel/apache-camel/2.0-M3/apache-camel-2.0.0-src.zip
> (2.0-M3 instead of 2.0.0)
>
> Cheers

Thanks I have fixed the link.

Posted by "S. Ali Tokmen" <sa...@bull.net>.
Hello

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 9:57 AM, frapien<fr...@gmx.de> wrote:

> The links for the download are not working yet.

The Apache mirrors takes some time to get the new releases distributed.

> By the way. Is the Web Console (camel-web-standalone-2.0.jar) part of this
> release?

I think so but we had talks to exclude it as it caused delays in the
release process, but eventually Hadrian managed to get pass this.
But maybe it will be released separated in the future.

Posted by Mick Knutson <mk...@baselogic.com>.
Cudo's to the team!!!!!!

---
Thank You…

Mick Knutson, President

BASE Logic, Inc.
Enterprise Architecture, Design, Mentoring & Agile Consulting
p. (866) BLiNC-411: (254-6241-1)
f. (415) 685-4233

Website: http://baselogic.com
---