Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Vincent Barat <vb...@ubikod.com> on 2010/10/23 13:29:27 UTC

How to make PIG delete its temporary files ?

Hello,

I face an issue with PIG temporary files: they are not deleted once
a job is terminated.
I got my HDFS storage full of PIG temporary files.

I use PIG from Java using a PigServer object.

Is there is way to ask PIG to cleanup all that it created to perform
a job ?

Thanks a lot

Re: How to make PIG delete its temporary files ?

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Pig is supposed to remove all these temporary files, as long as the
java process finishes in such a way that it has a chance to clean up
(ie, no one does a kill -9 on it or something).  Can you file a JIRA
with a reproducible case so we can track this down and fix it?

Alan.

Posted by rakesh kothari <rk...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Vincent Barat <vb...@ubikod.com>.

Posted by Rekha Joshi <re...@yahoo-inc.com>.