Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Kevin Gibbs <ke...@ramesys.com> on 2000/11/15 16:13:15 UTC

Problem with DTD on latest build

I've just downloaded the latest build (after having using 0.5 for a while).

When I now try to run my app I get the following message:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to open taglibrary
/WEB-INF/struts.tld : Parse Error in the tag library descriptor: Element
"web-app" does not allow "servlet" here.
If I point my browser to
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_0.dtd, I get an error
message stating "Cannot have a DTD declaration outside of a DTD. Line 26,
Position 12"

(I've downloaded Xerces 1.2.1)

Can anyone point me as to where to start looking?

---------
Kevin Gibbs	Email: kevin.gibbs@ramesys.com

Ramesys (AEC) Limited	Tel: +44 (0)29 2079 2260 Ext 201
1 Pascal Close
St Mellons	Fax: +44 (0)29 2079 2504
Cardiff, UK
CF3 0LW	Url: http://www.ramesys.com/aec

Re: Problem with DTD on latest build

Posted by Dave Harms <jd...@clarionmag.com>.
Kevin,

> /WEB-INF/struts.tld : Parse Error in the tag library descriptor: Element
> "web-app" does not allow "servlet" here.

Sounds like something is out of order in your web.xml - do you have
servlets declared, then mappings, then taglibs?

Dave

Dave Harms
jdev@clarionmag.com