Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Ahmed Eljami <ah...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/06 20:18:39 UTC

impact/incompatibility of patch backport on Cassandra 3.11.2

Hi,

We are testing Cassandra 3.11.2  and we sawed that it contains a critcal
bug wich was fixed in 3.11.3 (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-13929).

After about 1 months of testing, we haven't encountered this bug in our
environnement, but to be sure before going in production, we would like to
know if it's possible to backport this patch in version 3.11.2 ?

Do you think that this patch could be backported wihtout
impact/incompatibility on 3.11.2 ? Or it be  safer to migrate to Cassandra
3.11.3 ?

Our fears that 3.11.3 also not stable due to this bug:

Best regards.

Re: impact/incompatibility of patch backport on Cassandra 3.11.2

Posted by Ahmed Eljami <ah...@gmail.com>.
Got it!
Thanks a lot Jeff :)

Re: impact/incompatibility of patch backport on Cassandra 3.11.2

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <jj...@gmail.com>.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-14672 is almost certainly
due to pre-existing corruption . That the user is seeing 14672 is due to
extra guards added in 3.11.3, but 14672 isn't likely going to hit you
unless you're subject to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-14515 , which is a much
more important bug (that is: 3.11.2 has a data loss bug, 3.11.3 just breaks
the read)

Posted by Ahmed Eljami <ah...@gmail.com>.
Any opinion  please ?

--