Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> on 2007/09/18 13:24:32 UTC

[mime4j] remove cycles in three moves

I'm not joking ;-) I'm just enjoying dependency graphs and trying to
remove cycles from our products. So after jSPF and jSieve, here is the
Mime4j issue.

1) Move SimpleContentHandler from mime4j root package to message. It has
depedencies on the message package and no one depends on this. So either
"message" or a new package.

2) Move the encoding string constants from ContentTransferEncodingField
to MimeUtil.

3) Remove static method parse from DateTime and move the logic inside
DateTimeField.Parse class (the only user of that code).

A weird thing I noticed is that for "address" we have field.address
package depending on field.address.parser package while for "datetime"
we have field.datetime.parser depending on field.datetime. I have no
time to understand why, what is better and if it worth fixing this.

Stefano