Posted to user@avro.apache.org by michał <mi...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/22 15:53:57 UTC

avro-service-archetype

Hi,

I want to run avro-service-archetype available in maven central repository.
It has a protocol defined in order-service.avsc

What is the procedure to generate .java files in Eclipse using:

<plugin>
   <groupId>org.apache.avro</groupId>
   <artifactId>avro-maven-plugin</artifactId>
   <version>${avro.version}</version>
   <executions>
     <execution>
       <phase>generate-sources</phase>
       <goals>
         <goal>schema</goal>
         <goal>protocol</goal>
         <goal>idl-protocol</goal>
       </goals>
     </execution>
   </executions>
</plugin>

and then run the client and the server to comunicate?

PS
I know it is beginner question but I feel confused about how to generate the java files simply using the maven in Avro. The test is running ok but can't find any files in /atrget directory.

Re: avro-service-archetype

Posted by Mick <mi...@gmail.com>.
Well that is it. First m2e needs to run "generate-sources" than the Run
As-> Maven build install.
This was not obviuos to me at the start thank you.

Re: avro-service-archetype

Posted by Eric Wasserman <ew...@247-inc.com>.

Re: avro-service-archetype

Posted by michał <mi...@gmail.com>.