Posted to dev@madlib.apache.org by Ed Espino <es...@apache.org> on 2017/07/13 19:14:31 UTC

Question regarding tracking Release v1.12 specific changes.

MADlib dev,

While reviewing a PR, I noticed the doc top-level generated html page has a
reference to previous releases (
https://madlib.incubator.apache.org/docs/latest/). I found the
corresponding v1.11 changelist (
https://github.com/apache/incubator-madlib/commit/648b05798826956e9621027447af501c194392b8)
which updated the previous release versions to include v1.10 (in addition
to other v1.11 related changes). Aside from this PR, how does the project
track these types of release changes (Jira, wiki, email, other). I could
not find a reference to them in the project's wiki. It might be staring me
in the face so I apologize if it is. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

-=e

p.s. And yes, this is in preparation for my v1.12 release manager role.
Gaining context comes at a price.

--
*Ed Espino*

Re: Question regarding tracking Release v1.12 specific changes.

Posted by Orhan Kislal <ok...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Ed,

We have two sql files in the src/madpack folder to track the changes:
diff_udf and diff_udt. To use them, you install the old version of madlib
in the schema "madlib_old_vers" and the new version in the default schema
"madlib". With this setup, running these sql files automatically give you
the changed UDTs and UDFs. The rest is handled manually.

I hope it helps, please let me know if there is anything else I can help
with.

Thanks,

Orhan