Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by David Graham <dg...@hotmail.com> on 2003/02/04 03:41:34 UTC

1.0.2 installation instructions

There's a "bug" that refers to the 1.0.2 installation instructions.  I
couldn't find any 1.0.2 files in cvs except for the legacy javadoc.  Do we
still maintain 1.0.2 docs?  Should I mark that bug as WONTFIX?

Thanks,
Dave

Re: 1.0.2 installation instructions

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Ted Husted wrote:

> Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 07:09:56 -0500
> From: Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>
> To: Struts Developers List <st...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: 1.0.2 installation instructions
>
> The 1.0.2 files would be a branch in the CVS and immortalized in the
> release distribution. The only way we could change them now would be to
> make a 1.0.3 release (can't rewrite history). The working copies are now
> part of the 1.1 head.

Specifically, 1.0 is on the "STRUTS_1_0_BRANCH" in the repository.  The
1.0.2 release, not surprisingly, is tagged "STRUTS_1_0_2" on that branch.

It's technically feasible to go back to the 1.0.2 files and release a
1.0.3 with whatever fixes were necessary.  For a docco thing, I'd tend to
just make sure that the 1.1 version of the instructions are up to date and
accurate, and mark it FIXED.

> -T.

Craig

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

David Graham wrote:
> There's a "bug" that refers to the 1.0.2 installation instructions.  I
> couldn't find any 1.0.2 files in cvs except for the legacy javadoc.  Do
> we still maintain 1.0.2 docs?  Should I mark that bug as WONTFIX?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

Ted Husted,