Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by zeddius <av...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/12 14:07:22 UTC

How to configure default transaction timeout in TomEE?

Hi all,

Please advise how to configure default transaction timeout in TomEE?

The only answer I found on this forum was:
/By default its value is 600s

In your openejb.xml file, redefine the "Default Transaction Manager" and
add the parameter
defaultTransactionTimeoutSeconds XXXX /

But is there documentation or example anywhere how to do this for TomEE?

Re: How to configure default transaction timeout in TomEE?

Posted by zeddius <av...@gmail.com>.
Great, thank you guys!

Re: How to configure default transaction timeout in TomEE?

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Didn't check, but I guess there is nothing on the documentation.
Regarding the timeout, you need in tomee.xml, redifine the Default
Transaction Manager as you just mentionned here after.

Something like that should do the trick
<!--  Default transaction time out is 600 -->
<TransactionManager id="Default Transaction Manager">
    defaultTransactionTimeoutSeconds 1200
</TransactionManager>

The defaults are here
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/openejb/container/openejb-core/src/main/resources/META-INF/org.apache.openejb/service-jar.xml

JLouis

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
On Sep 12, 2012, at 5:13 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:

> <TransactionManager type="javax.transaction.TransactionManager">
>    defaultTransactionTimeoutSeconds = 10 minutes

That doesn't work in the released code, but in trunk you can do it:

   defaultTransactionTimeout = 10 minutes

-David

Re: How to configure default transaction timeout in TomEE?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
try:

<TransactionManager type="javax.transaction.TransactionManager">
    defaultTransactionTimeoutSeconds = 10 minutes

      # When set to true, Howl logging is enabled
      TxRecovery false

      # Requires TxRecovery
      bufferSizeKb 32

      # Requires TxRecovery