Posted to user@avro.apache.org by Peter Cameron <pe...@pbpartnership.com> on 2012/03/08 22:02:50 UTC

C# Avro license question

The Avro distribution is Apache 2.0 licensed. Does that license apply to
everything included in the distribution? Specifically, for the C#
version there is the newtonsoft.dll. Does that also fall under the
Apache 2 license when used as part of Avro?

Unfortunately, we have to clear usage with some legal folks!!

thanks,
Peter

Re: C# Avro license question

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
On 03/08/2012 01:02 PM, Peter Cameron wrote:
> The Avro distribution is Apache 2.0 licensed. Does that license apply to
> everything included in the distribution? Specifically, for the C#
> version there is the newtonsoft.dll. Does that also fall under the
> Apache 2 license when used as part of Avro?

Newtonsoft.dll is distributed under a BSD-style license which is less
restrictive than the Apache license.  This license is included at the
end of the LICENSE.txt file distributed with Avro.

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/avro/trunk/LICENSE.txt?view=markup#l227

Doug