Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Nikita Sawant <Ni...@Sun.COM> on 2009/01/26 20:49:46 UTC

How to disable DEBUG output from the Configuration Admin Service ?

Hi,

I am using the Apache Felix Configuration Admin Service (1.0.4),  it
prints out debug statements to the console :

*DEBUG* Scheduling task Fire ConfigurationEvent: pid=...
*DEBUG* Running task Fire ConfigurationEvent: pid=...
*DEBUG* Scheduling task Update: pid=...
*DEBUG* Running task Update: pid=...

Is there a service property, which I can set to disable debugging?  If
not, is there any other means to disabling the above *DEBUG* output ?

Thanks,
Nikita

Re: How to disable DEBUG output from the Configuration Admin Service ?

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

As of FELIX-903 [1] I have now added a configuration setting to limit
the log output in the absence of a LogService. The property is called
felix.cm.loglevel, which is an int value setting the maximum message
level to actually log. This may be any number causing only messages
whose level is lower than or equal to this number to be logged. The
default value is 2 (which is LogService.LOG_WARNING).

I have deployed a SNAPSHOT 1.0.9-20090128.072021-1.

Regards
Felix

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-903

Posted by Nikita Sawant <Ni...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Felix/Richard,

This helps, thanks!

Regards,
Nikita

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nikita,

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
Nikita Sawant wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> Just restating : To disable the DEBUG output, I need to :
>
> 1. Deploy a Log Service
> 2. Set felix.log.level to 3.
>
> Just (2) is not sufficient ( as I have it set to 3 currently ).

Actually, you need to do (1)...(2) is only relevant for Felix itself, so
you don't need to change that unless you want to change the messages
Felix logs...sorry for the confusion.

-> richard

Posted by Nikita Sawant <Ni...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Richard,