Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Bryan D. Andrews" <ba...@trendcore.com> on 2007/02/04 20:32:55 UTC

SVNDumpFilter Problems

I am trying to use the dump filter in windows.

I have a directory that I am trying to move to its own repository:

/
 trunk/
     ALT/

I am doing the following filter from the last full dump:

svndumpfilter include trunk/ALT <NightlyBackup > ALTdump2

I had to add the "<" (I found this on a forum:
http://www.svnforum.org/2017/viewtopic.php?t=160&sid=d0d3fe49b6f55d7c62c
13bee17abdf22) to make this work in windows but I am having issues with
the dump not containing the proper revisions -- its actually empty
though I can view the log in the new repository and it does not look
like the comments indicate the proper tree is being pushed.

I am having a couple of other issues with this, but to minimize the
confusion I will start by asking:

1. Is this the proper syntax for using this in a windows environment?
2. is my include prefix created properly? I have not seen any examples
of including subdirectories...

Thanks for any info.

RE: SVNDumpFilter Problems

Posted by "Bryan D. Andrews" <ba...@trendcore.com>.
Any ideas? :)

Re: SVNDumpFilter Problems

Posted by Jeff Smith <js...@robotronics.com>.
On Wednesday 21 February 2007 16:46, D.J. Heap wrote:
> H:\svndumpfilter include trunk/Test < file.dump > file2.dump
>
> and it kept my /trunk/Test subdirectory and dropped everything
> else.
>
> Of course, file2.dump is not loadable into a fresh repo because
[...]

Of course you can also search&replace in file2.dump file before
prefix in the path.

file:///home/jsmith/downloads/programming/version%20control/svn-book-2627.html#svn.reposadmin.maint.tk.svndumpfilter

"edit your dump files, tweaking the Node-path and Node-copyfrom-path
headers"

RE: Re: SVNDumpFilter Problems

Posted by "Bryan D. Andrews" <ba...@trendcore.com>.
I was not creating my /trunk directory before loading. Thanks for the
suggestion -- problem solved!

Posted by "D.J. Heap" <dj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Bryan D. Andrews" <ba...@trendcore.com>.

Posted by "D.J. Heap" <dj...@gmail.com>.