Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2009/04/26 17:32:40 UTC

Axis2

Hi Devs,

I have (quickly) tested the Paul Piper's Axis2 component (from a previous work by Alfredo Rueda Unsain) see
http://docs.ofbiz.org/pages/viewpageattachments.action?pageId=6090
And it integrates and works well in OFBiz hot-deploy. I'd like now, as question about SOAP complex types come over and over, make it
a specialpurpose component (not showing), WDYT ?

Thanks

Jacques
PS : I got only this error about "valid certification path"
There was a problem in Axis2 version service , may be the service not available or some thing has gone wrong. But this does not mean
system is not working ! Try to upload some other service and check to see whether it is working.
and in log
2009-04-26 17:19:01,187 (http-0.0.0.0-18443-1) [     ControlServlet.java:299:INFO ] [[[login] Request Done- total:7.094,since
last([login] Request B...):7.094]]
2009-04-26 17:19:39,156 (http-0.0.0.0-18443-2) [ HttpMethodDirector.java:439:INFO ] I/O exception (org.apache.axis2.AxisFault)
caught when processing request: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX p
ath building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to
requested target

But this does not seem to be a big issue

Re: Axis2

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "David E Jones" <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>
> It sounds like that stuff needs a LOT of cleaning up before it goes  into the trunk...

Do you say that only from my message below or did you test and review the component ?

> I don't think this makes sense to put into its own component and  should (like the older Axis stuff) go into the service and
> webtools  components.

I think having Axis2 as a webap embedded in OFBiz is giving OFBiz OOTB more possibilities regarding SOAP Web services.
We could let it apart as it's now in a page attachement in wiki. But I'm sure it will need to be updated from time to time and
having it in OFBiz will trigger this needs avoiding to forget it. Also I'm sure that having it embedded will allow more
contributions than if it's obscured somewhere in wiki.

> If that's beyond what you want to invest in this, don't worry about  it... sooner or later it will be important enough to someone
> to sit  down and do it... and if not then it's a clear sign that no one cares  enough! :(

We had enough recurring demands these last year to not negligt these possiblities. If it's ok to do like I proposed below, it's
reday to be commited. Else yes, I will need to work this slowly. But I don't think we need to make it more inbricated with OFBiz.
Alfredo's and Paul's recent experience are positive with Axis as a simple component. THis allow also to have the Axis2 Administrator
console which adds some nice feature. Axis2 component could be simply accessed from Webtolls

Jacques

Re: Axis2

Posted by madppiper <pa...@mutschler.ch>.
http://www.nabble.com/file/p23382931/build.xml build.xml

Please do me a favor and replace the included build.xml file located in
/webservices/orca with the one attached. I removed the last few references
to our own classes and replaced them with the sample WeatherServices one.

The WeatherService java source is the basic example provided by the AXIS2
Framework, btw.

Oh and as for all other references:

BP is the company i am working for, Orca is what we named parts of our
software. You can change all that in this package, of course...

Re: Axis2

Posted by madppiper <pa...@mutschler.ch>.

David E Jones-3 wrote:

> It sounds like that stuff needs a LOT of cleaning up before it goes
> into the trunk...

It looks like there was still some reference to my old Java class (I
expected that to happen), but shouldn't be a problem for me to fix and
re-upload (I will do that later tonight).

I would also argue for it to be a part of the framework itself, since it is
of such an importance to anybody who needs to rely on Webservices. I don't
exactly understand how the previous AXIS-components were integrated, but if
we could accomplish something similar with this one (meaning the neat
export=true functionality), I am sure it would be of good use for any
developer.

Right now the process works as the following:

1) Deploy the folder (leave the build.xml file as is)
2) create a Java Object for the service parameters you want to create
3) create the service itself (also in a java class)
4) use the specific axis2 build file to generate and deploy the service to
axis2 (ant generate.service)...

You do not need to run the rpc.clienz, that is only for testing-purposes...

Re: Axis2

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: Axis2

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>