Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Creech, Justin - US" <jc...@caci.com> on 2016/08/18 20:42:23 UTC

Post Data Not Sent In Request When Certain Character Strings Are Included

In a test plan that I am trying to execute, there is a step that includes a request with post data. One of the parameters in the post data includes special characters. The parameter name is '__RequestVerificationToken'. When the parameter name is spelled correctly, the request is sent with no post data included. The request fails. However when the parameter is changed slightly, post data will be included with the request. Because the correct parameter names are not sent, the request also fails. Below is a list of parameter names that do and do not break the sending of post data.

Parameter names that do break the sending of post data:
'__RequestVerificationToken'
'__RRequestVerificationToken'
'**RequestVerificationToken'

Parameter names that do not break the sending of post data:
'__TRequestVerificationToken'
'RequestVerificationToken'

-Justin

Re: Post Data Not Sent In Request When Certain Character Strings Are Included

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 18 August 2016 at 21:42, Creech, Justin - US <jc...@caci.com> wrote:
> In a test plan that I am trying to execute, there is a step that includes a request with post data. One of the parameters in the post data includes special characters. The parameter name is '__RequestVerificationToken'. When the parameter name is spelled correctly, the request is sent with no post data included. The request fails. However when the parameter is changed slightly, post data will be included with the request. Because the correct parameter names are not sent, the request also fails. Below is a list of parameter names that do and do not break the sending of post data.
>
> Parameter names that do break the sending of post data:
> '__RequestVerificationToken'
> '__RRequestVerificationToken'
> '**RequestVerificationToken'
>
> Parameter names that do not break the sending of post data:
> '__TRequestVerificationToken'
> 'RequestVerificationToken'

JMeter does not check the parameter names, so something else is going on here.
Or are you using any 3rd party plugins?

Can you provide a very simple test plan that shows the behaviour?

The mailing list does not support attachments so you will have to
upload it somewhere public and post the URL.

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
i dont see the behavior you describe for the normal HTTP Sampler . What
sampler are you using and what does it have (like variables ) etc .

In a simpler sampler JMeter posts the ones you describe as problematic just
fine

POST data:
__RequestVerificationToken=blahblah

[no cookies]