Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Cyril Scetbon <cy...@free.fr> on 2013/11/01 19:04:18 UTC

Re: IllegalStateException when bootstrapping new nodes

We got issues with Hinted Handoff threads (2 actives) now which cause High CPU Load and a lot of garbage collection only on our new nodes. You can see that we have a lot of Hints on our new nodes (the 4 last ones)

node001
2.2M	/cassandra/data/system/hints/
node002
1.6M	/cassandra/data/system/hints/
node003
1.8M	/cassandra/data/system/hints/
node004
1.9M	/cassandra/data/system/hints/
node005
1.9M	/cassandra/data/system/hints/
node006
2.0M	/cassandra/data/system/hints/
node007
1.9M	/cassandra/data/system/hints/
node008
1.8M	/cassandra/data/system/hints/
node009
34G	/cassandra/data/system/hints/
node011
43G	/cassandra/data/system/hints/
node013
43G	/cassandra/data/system/hints/
node015
16G	/cassandra/data/system/hints/

I try to pause and resume hinted which made CPU return to normal load, but they are still there and CPU seems to get high again later with same consequences (lot of garbage collections) which seems to be again related to hints.

any idea ?
--
Cyril SCETBON