Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Sarat S <ap...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/31 23:20:20 UTC

Augmenting the Apache Web Server with Audit capability

Hi,
I apologize if this topic is not relevant to this forum. Please direct
me to the suitable list.

I'm working on a project that aims at augmenting the Apache Web Server
with Audit capability compatible with an audit-enabled operating
system(Mac OS X,Free BSD etc).
1.Any suggestions and links to useful resources are welcome.

2. Also which will be the best platform to build a prototype?

3. I've looked at the Sun BSM format for audit data, anyone aware of
other good places to start?

4. My idea for an initial solution for auditing is to have a custom
library and loading using LD_PRELOAD variable. I'm a newbie so please
give your expert opinion on this.

Thanks for your time,
Sarat.

Re: Augmenting the Apache Web Server with Audit capability

Posted by Sarat S <ap...@gmail.com>.
By audit enabled operating system, I mean either Solaris(with BSM
turned on) or Mac OS(which has got audit support) or SELinux.

Right now, I am trying to use Sun's Basic Security Module(BSM)
interface for auditing. There is not a lot of material covering this.
So if anyone has experience using this and could share their
expertise, that would be of great help.

Thanks,
Sarat.

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.