Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Suresh Anaparti <Su...@shapeblue.com> on 2021/12/13 13:09:58 UTC

[PROPOSE] RM for 4.16.1

Hi All,

I'd like to put myself forward as the release manager for 4.16.1.0. My colleague Nicolas Vazquez will support me as the co-RM for the PR reviews/tests/merges, and others are welcome to support as well.

I propose, we've a window of at least 8 weeks (2 months) to allow the community / users to test 4.16.0.0 and report issues, and aim to cut RC1 in Q1 2022 (may be, in late Feb-2022, or early Mar-2022 onwards). I'll propose the timeline details by end of this week. I hope to have your support.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts / comments.

Regards,
Suresh

Re: [PROPOSE] RM for 4.16.1

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
LGTM, thanks for sharing the proposal Suresh and for volunteering as a RM.

Regards.

________________________________
Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
Great !

Re: [PROPOSE] RM for 4.16.1

Posted by Suresh Anaparti <Su...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi All,

Happy New Year!

It's been about a month since the proposal, and we've fixed/tested/merged more than 140 Issues and PRs in the 4.16.1.0 milestone [1]. Currently, we've 45 open items in the 4.16.1.0 milestone, which are being tracked/triaged through the GitHub project 'CloudStack 4.16.1' [2].

We still have about 4 weeks for the soft freeze as proposed. Please continue your support on bug fixes, reviews, tests, etc. If you notice any issues in testing, please report here: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/issues. Thank you.

[1] https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/milestone/22
[2] https://github.com/orgs/apache/projects/24

Regards,
Suresh

Re: [PROPOSE] RM for 4.16.1

Re: [PROPOSE] RM for 4.16.1

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
:+1:

--
Daan

Re: [PROPOSE] RM for 4.16.1

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
:+1:

--
Daan

Re: [PROPOSE] RM for 4.16.1

Posted by Gabriel Bräscher <ga...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good!

Re: [PROPOSE] RM for 4.16.1

Posted by Gabriel Bräscher <ga...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good!

Re: [PROPOSE] RM for 4.16.1

Re: [PROPOSE] RM for 4.16.1

Re: [PROPOSE] RM for 4.16.1

Posted by "Katie F." <of...@gmail.com>.
Thank you. I look forward to the proposal status and hopeful fixes.
~Kathleen Foos

Sent from my iPhone.Kathleen Foos

Re: [PROPOSE] RM for 4.16.1

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Sounds good to me, thanks for volunteering Suresh.

Regards.
Thank you and good luck Suresh, Nicolas.

Regards,
Harikrishna

Re: [PROPOSE] RM for 4.16.1

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.