Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mike Braden <mb...@utenzi.com> on 2001/03/06 16:36:26 UTC

[TC 3.3m1] New Bug in mod_jk auto config generation

It looks like there have been some new changes to the Tomcat auto config
generator.

Now when you startup, TC3.3 says:

2001-03-06 10:18:48 - ApacheConfig: Generating apache mod_jserv config =
/conf/jserv/tomcat-apache.conf
2001-03-06 10:18:48 - ApacheConfig: Generating apache mod_jk config =
/conf/jk/mod_jk.conf-auto

The jserv stuff is new.  This is OK, except that now the config files are
put in /conf on the server,
not $TOMCAT_HOME/conf

# ls /conf
jk     jserv

Could someone please fix this?

The above is from last nights build of TC3.3m1 at
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat/nightly-3.3/

It also looks like the mod_jk.conf-auto has been changed.  The paths are not
correct:

was

LoadModule jk_module libexec/mod_jk.so

JkWorkersFile /usr/local/tomcat/conf/jk/workers.properties
JkLogFile /usr/local/tomcat/logs/mod_jk.log

now is

  LoadModule jk_module /usr/local/tomcat/libexec/mod_jk.so

JkWorkersFile "/conf/jk/workers.properties"
JkLogFile "/logs/mod_jk.log"

Thanks,

Mike.
--
Mike Braden
CNE, MCP+I, MCSE, CCNA, Sun Comp 2k Enterprise & E10k

Utenzi
808 Aviation Parkway
Suite 1100
PO Box 13479
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709

mbraden@utenzi.com

Re: [TC 3.3m1] New Bug in mod_jk auto config generation

Posted by Mel Martinez <me...@yahoo.com>.
This should be fixed in the nightly builds of tc3.3.
As of last sunday, you should be able to explicitely
control the setting of all these paths in the
auto-generated files (and also where they get
generated to) using attributes of the <ApacheConfig
... /> element in server.xml.  If you get build the
latest source, the attributes are documented in
javadoc for
org.apache.tomcat.modules.config.ApacheConfig.  I'll
try to get mods into the user docs this week.

Mel

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/