Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Ariel <is...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/11 17:50:57 UTC

How to get documents similar to other document ?

Hi every body:

My question is if there is an api function of lucene to obtain similar
documents to other document comparing the term frequence vector of a field
???
I supposed a lot of people have asked this before but I haven't found the
answer neither with google nor api lucene.
This could be a very useful functionality of the lucene api. I am using
lucene version 1.9
I hope you can help me.
Greetings.
Ariel

Re: How to get documents similar to other document ?

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Excuse me, Could you give more details ?
: Are you telling me that functionality exists ?
: Which class should I use for this ?

"MoreListThis" is a class name ... it is in a "contrib" (which means it is
not inlcuded in the main lucene jar, but it can be found by looking in the
"contrib" directory of lucene releases.  The Lucene FAQ has a question
titled "How do I find similar documents?" which talks specificly about
where to find this class in various releases of Lucene (because it was
moved)...

http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/LuceneFAQ#head-75e29a52d06d81692a606366cc79f280146d5e9a

when googling for "MoreLikeThis" the top two hits are a blog article on
using it, and a link to the javadocs.  explicilty searching the mailing
list archives give you lots more great info.

: > See the MoreLikeThis functionality in the contrib package, also
: > search this archive for MoreLikeThis.

-Hoss

Re: How to get documents similar to other document ?

Posted by Ariel <is...@gmail.com>.
Excuse me, Could you give more details ?
Are you telling me that functionality exists ?
Which class should I use for this ?
I hope not being bothering you.
Greetings

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.