Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by am...@cs.wmich.edu on 2003/03/17 18:16:22 UTC

Newbie Sitemap Help

Hello All,

I am really new to working with Cocoon platform, and was trying to
read and understand all that I could before posting for help.  have
been having trouble setting up a sitemap for a test application that
I am currently developing.

First off, I am just trying to get a working prototype. I hoping to
accomplish a way for a user to request a foo.html document have the
HTML Generator with a jtidy.properties file convert it to xml/xhtml
and the use a xsl sheet to convert the it to wml and serailze it with
wap/wml.

At this point I am really stuck on why I keep getting a fatal
language error.  I am not sure if it is a sitemap error or something
in the pipeline causing the error.

I tried placing the documents into a separate folder under
$COCOON_HOME/mount/foo/

I wrote a sub-sitemap in the foo directory.  Each time I try
requesting the foo.html I get a couple fatal language errors.  I am
rather lost at this point and if anybody has an idea for me to try
please let me know. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrew Smith

I have included a short message error and my sub-sitemap.

Message: Langeuage Exception

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Language Exception:
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Error
compiling sitemap_xmap: Line 213, column 54: '}' expected Line 63,
column 11: class org.apache.cocoon.www.mount.html.sitemap_xmap should
be declared abstract; it does not define method process
(org.apache.cocoon.environment.Environment,
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.StreamPipeline,
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.EventPipeline) in class
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.AbstractSitemap Line 0, column 0: 2 errors"

Current Setup
Linux Redhat 8.0
Tomcat 4.1.18/Cocoon 2.0.4
JDK 1.4.1_01

<map:sitemap xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0">^

<map:components>

     <map:generator src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.HTMLGenerator"
type="html">
           <jtidy-config>jtidy.properties</jtidy-config>
</map:generator>

     <map:transformer name="xslt"
src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformer">
           <use-request-parameters>false</use-request-parameters>
     </map:transformer>

     <map:serializer name="wml" mime-type="text/vnd.wap.wml"
logger="sitemap.serializer.wml"
         src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer">
    <doctype-public>-//WAPFORUM//DTD WML 1.1//EN</doctype-public>
    <doctype-system>http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/wml_1.1.xml</doctype-
system>
    <encoding>ACII</encoding>
    <omit-xml-declaration>yes</omit-xml-declaration>
   </map:serializer>

   </map:components>

<map:pipelines>
    <map:pipeline>