Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Alexandre Cariage <al...@sight-sound.ch> on 2022/11/01 14:32:50 UTC

State of Audio Input ?

Greetings,

I'm unable to use Audio Input with Guacamole 1.4.0.

  	* Guacd/tomcat server is Debian 11, only RDP built-in, as protocol.
  	* Host is Windows 10 Pro (N version, now that I think of it, but audio
& video playback works).
  	* Client is either Firefox 106.x or Edge, on top of W10-22H2. Mic
works on the client.

Note also that Host uses the RDPWrap library.

The "Audio Input" option is activated and will show up in the device
list ("Sound" panel in W10) in the Host, but nothing lights green (even
though the Client does react to audio input in that same panel).

Just checking for the generally accepted state of the feature, so that I
can define if further troubleshooting is worth it for us.

Thanks

Re: State of Audio Input ?

Posted by Alexandre Cariage <al...@sight-sound.ch>.
FYI,

I've finally setup HTTPS and indeed, both Firefox and Edge now ask for
permission to use the microphone when it is used on the remote computer.

Plus, it actually records, with pretty good quality.

Thanks all,

Alexandre Cariage
CH

Re: Re: State of Audio Input ?

Posted by Leslie Mann <lm...@linuxolutions.com>.

Re: Re: State of Audio Input ?

Posted by Michael Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.

Re: Re: State of Audio Input ?

Posted by Leslie Mann <lm...@linuxolutions.com>.
I see a number of 'Feature-Policy' unrecognized feature errors and a
'AudioContext was not allowed to start' error.

Here is the console log:

Error with Feature-Policy header: Unrecognized feature: 'ambient-light-sensor'.
Error with Feature-Policy header: Unrecognized feature: 'animations'.
Error with Feature-Policy header: Unrecognized feature: 'image-compression'.
Error with Feature-Policy header: Unrecognized feature: 'legacy-image-formats'.
Error with Feature-Policy header: Unrecognized feature: 'max-downscaling-image'.
Error with Feature-Policy header: Unrecognized feature: 'speaker'.
Error with Feature-Policy header: Unrecognized feature: 'unsized-media'.
Error with Feature-Policy header: Unrecognized feature: 'vertical-scroll'.
Error with Feature-Policy header: Unrecognized feature: 'vr'.
/guacamole/#/:1 The key "target-densitydpi" is not supported.
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for https://sidus.linuxolutions.com/guacamole/angular.min.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE
all.min.js:3 The AudioContext was not allowed to start. It must be resumed (or created) after a user gesture on the page. https://goo.gl/7K7WLu
getAudioContext @ all.min.js:3
Guacamole.RawAudioPlayer.getSupportedTypes @ all.min.js:8
Guacamole.AudioPlayer.getSupportedTypes @ all.min.js:4
(anonymous) @ guacamole.4a88cb501be0f26307d3.js:15730
(anonymous) @ guacamole.4a88cb501be0f26307d3.js:15723
invoke @ angular.min.js:45
(anonymous) @ angular.min.js:42
invoke @ angular.min.js:45
(anonymous) @ angular.min.js:47
d @ angular.min.js:44
(anonymous) @ guacamole.4a88cb501be0f26307d3.js:16671
invoke @ angular.min.js:45
(anonymous) @ angular.min.js:42
invoke @ angular.min.js:45
(anonymous) @ angular.min.js:47
d @ angular.min.js:44
(anonymous) @ guacamole.4a88cb501be0f26307d3.js:15767
invoke @ angular.min.js:45
(anonymous) @ angular.min.js:42
invoke @ angular.min.js:45
(anonymous) @ angular.min.js:47
d @ angular.min.js:44
(anonymous) @ guacamole.4a88cb501be0f26307d3.js:27184
invoke @ angular.min.js:45
S.instance @ angular.min.js:99
p @ angular.min.js:73
g @ angular.min.js:66
(anonymous) @ angular.min.js:65
(anonymous) @ angular.min.js:22
$eval @ angular.min.js:156
$apply @ angular.min.js:156
(anonymous) @ angular.min.js:22
invoke @ angular.min.js:45
c @ angular.min.js:22
Wc @ angular.min.js:22
Ee @ angular.min.js:21
(anonymous) @ angular.min.js:351
e @ jquery.min.js:2
t @ jquery.min.js:2
setTimeout (async)
(anonymous) @ jquery.min.js:2
c @ jquery.min.js:2
fireWith @ jquery.min.js:2
fire @ jquery.min.js:2
c @ jquery.min.js:2
fireWith @ jquery.min.js:2
ready @ jquery.min.js:2
B @ jquery.min.js:2

Les

Re: Re: State of Audio Input ?

Posted by Michael Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.

Re: Re: State of Audio Input ?

Posted by Leslie Mann <lm...@linuxolutions.com>.
Hi Nick:

Re: Re: State of Audio Input ?

Posted by Leslie Mann <lm...@linuxolutions.com>.
Afternoon Nick:

Re: Re: State of Audio Input ?

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

RE: Re: State of Audio Input ?

Posted by Leslie Mann <lm...@linuxolutions.com>.
Hi Alexandre:

On 2022/11/02 15:03:29 Alexandre Cariage wrote:
> Hi Nick, thanks again.
>
> About RDPWrap, we're definitely not worried about the legal aspect of
it
> being an issue :
> We're not selling the service, per se (although it _might_ be
considered
> we sell it as part of another service package), but, most
importantly,

<al...@sight-sound.ch>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all, thanks for the guidance and test ideas.
> >>
> >> @Nick: we are a very small firm trying to offer interresting
services
> >> with what's available... and almost no budget ;-)
> >> Right now RDPWrap seems to work very well, as far as I can tell.
> >
> > I'm no legal expert, but you'll want to be careful with this one.
> > There's a discussion on the RDPWrap Github page regarding whether
or
> > not this software violates the Windows EULA. Personally, as someone
> > who is not a lawyer and not an expert in licensing, but familiar
> > enough with Microsoft to know, I think if you attempt to monetize a
> > service using this, there's a decent chance that Microsoft will
come
> > after you and attempt to shut you down (depending on how successful
> > you are). Ultimately, I believe they would be successful in arguing
> > that, whether or not this project violates the _letter_ of the
EULA,
> > it certainly violates the _spirit_ and _intent_ of it (that Windows
> > without RDS functionality/licensing is intended for a single user
at a
> > time). Just my opinion, and, if you read through the Github Issue
on
> > it, you'll see that there are many people with equally strong
opinions
> > - but most of them are just as qualified as I am to provide any
expert
> > guidance on it (that is to say, not at all :-). I recommend you
> > consult a legal expert in software licensing before you go down
this
> > path.
> >
> >> Here are some test results :
> >>
> >> Audio Input *does work* in an 'mstsc' session, *with or without*
> >> RDPWrap.
> >>
> >> It does *not* work through Guacamole, with neither latest Firefox
or
> >> Edge.
> >
> > Is this both with and without RDPWrap? If so, there's something
more
> > fundamental going on in your Guacamole setup that is blocking it
from
> > working. I've successfully used audio input with RDP (and with
Spice

Re: State of Audio Input ?

Posted by Alexandre Cariage <al...@sight-sound.ch>.
Hi Nick, thanks again.

Re: State of Audio Input ?

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

Re: State of Audio Input ?

Posted by Alexandre Cariage <al...@sight-sound.ch>.

Re: State of Audio Input ?

Posted by Mark Barber <md...@aol.com.INVALID>.
I used to use something similar that was for home editions of windows which do not have RDP funtionality.It is worth noting that page states "at reduced functionality" so may not actually support audio.

Sent from the all-new AOL app for Android

  On Tue, 1 Nov 2022 at 17:45, Nick Couchman<vn...@apache.org> wrote:   On Tue, Nov 1, 2022 at 12:53 PM Sean Hulbert

Re: State of Audio Input ?

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

RE: State of Audio Input ?

Posted by Sean Hulbert <sh...@securitycentric.net.INVALID>.
Hello Nick,

I think this is what he is using https://github.com/stascorp/rdpwrap

Thank You
Sean Hulbert

Security Centric Inc.
A Cybersecurity Virtualization Enablement Company
We don't just run you through the motions, Our labs teach you how to think!

System Award Management
CAGE: 8AUV4

AFCEA San Francisco Chapter V.P.

If you have heard of a hacker by name, he/she has failed, fear the hacker you haven’t heard of!

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication with its contents may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). Unauthorized interception, review, use or disclosure is prohibited and may violate applicable laws including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the communication. Content within this email communication is not legally binding as a contract and no promises are guaranteed unless in a formal contract outside this email communication.

igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum!!!

Epitoma Rei Militaris

> I'm unable to use Audio Input with Guacamole 1.4.0.
>
> Guacd/tomcat server is Debian 11, only RDP built-in, as protocol.
> Host is Windows 10 Pro (N version, now that I think of it, but audio & video playback works).
> Client is either Firefox 106.x or Edge, on top of W10-22H2. Mic works on the client.
>
> Note also that Host uses the RDPWrap library.

What do you mean "Host uses RDPWrap"? I'm not familiar with RDPWrap, and it is not clear what Host you're talking about?

> The "Audio Input" option is activated and will show up in the device list ("Sound" panel in W10) in the Host, but nothing lights green (even though the Client does react to audio input in that same panel).
>
> Just checking for the generally accepted state of the feature, so that I can define if further troubleshooting is worth it for us.

Generally, RDP audio input in Guacamole should work.

-Nick

Re: State of Audio Input ?

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.