Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dola Woolfe <do...@yahoo.com> on 2003/12/11 20:41:35 UTC

Can't get jk2 to work!

Hi,

I'm trying to get JK2 to work to integrate Apache
2.0.48 with Tomcat 5.0.

I've followed instructions verbatim from
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/jk/quickhowto.html

Perhaps, that's the answer to my question (5.0 vs
4.1), in which case please point me to Tomcat 5.0
integration instructions.

Otherwise, here's an excerpt from httpd.conf:

LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.dll
AddModule mod_jk.c
JkWorkersFile C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/conf/workers.properties
JkLogFile C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/conf/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel info
JkOptions +ForwardKeySize +ForwardURICompat
-ForwardDirectories
JkRequestLogFormat "%w %V %T"
JkMount /examples/* worker1

where I took mod_jk2-2.0.43.dll and renamed it
mod_jk.dll.

My workers.properties is unchanged from the example.

Thanks!

RE: Need help with connectors

Posted by Yansheng Lin <ya...@isogis.com>.
I am assuming you downloaded apache, tomcat, and mod_jk_2.X.X.dll

Try:
	1) rename mod_jk_2.X.X.dll to mod_jk2.dll, and place it under
		$APACHE_HOME/modules/
	2) In apache httpd.conf
		# Using mod_jk2.dll to redirect dynamic calls to Tomcat
		LoadModule jk2_module modules/mod_jk2.dll

Does it work?

Re: Can't get jk2 to work!

Posted by Dola Woolfe <do...@yahoo.com>.
Sorry, I still couldn't get it to work. (Apache would
not restart.) I took the file mod_jk_1.2.5_2.0.47.dll
renamed it as intructed and put it in the modules
directory. I left the rest unchanged as in the
original email. Perhaps I'm doing something dumb and
altogether wrong!

Dola

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/jk2/configtcex.html

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?Tomcat/Howto

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?Tomcat/Links

Re: Can't get jk2 to work!

Posted by Dola Woolfe <do...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks!

Yes, I'm intrested in the simplest to get running!
So... which one is the "normal socket configuration".
I know it's a stupid question, but I don't know the
answer.

Is it OK that instructions are for 4.1 and I'm using
5.0?

Thanks once again!

Re: Can't get jk2 to work!