Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/04 12:10:40 UTC

Re: Prevent popup of black command prompt console when starting "jmeter.bat" in WindowsXP?

On 04/09/2009, Ben Stover <bx...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> When start jmeter.bat in WinXP then at first the black command prompt console window popsup and starts the actual JMeter application.
>
>  How can I prevent the popup of the popup of the black command prompt console window?

You would need create your own version of the script that uses
javaw.exe rather than java.exe. You might need to make other changes.

However, this is not recommended, as there are some (rare) errors that
are only reported to the console window.

>  Is this is not possible at all: is there a way to start it al least automatically minimized?

This is a Windows question - create a shortcut to it, and change the
shortcut properties.